Limewire

pinky4life623

In Runtime
hey guys i just redid windows on my comp (wiped everyting out) and i got limewire..is it really that bad..i mean like virus and stuff
i got antivir and spyware blaster and microsft antispyware, and Ad-ware se personall

Here are some tips...
1. stay away from .exe files (viruses)
2. If you see files that have the same file size DONT DOWNLOAD THEM
I beleive there is a virus on limewire. If you see any file wit the file size of 1337kb i think i dont really know dont download it.

Other than that.. no usually its fine

ive used limewire for a long time and ive never gotten a virus from it or anything else that could damage my comp for that matter

Limewire is just a file-sharing program, a p2p. It usually doesn't come with anything, but I would scan and all that just to be sure.

as long as your just downloading audio and video files you'll be fine, once your start getting into exe's like software and pictures thats when you need to be causious. but if you have proper antivirus software and maybe even a firewall you'll be fine.

I downloaded Limewire from the site and it did have little spyware on it, so I just downloaded the PRO version from normal limewire, and thats got nothing on it. Normal limewire and PRO get the same results, PRO just downloads faster. You just have to be careful what you download.

Listen to The Power ... those are great tips.

But here's a few from me:

Delete Limewire from your system
Download and install Ares (from www.aresgalaxy.com)
Don't get viruses

I've used a lot of P2P downloaders (Limewire, Grokster, KaZaa, eDonkey, eMule, Napster, etc.) but Ares is the best by far. A lot files shared and never once have I downloaded any malware. Check it out!

Limewire does have spyware and such just stay away from .exe files as stated. Also um get good anti-virus and anti-spyware.

My advice is..

STAY AWAY FROM FILES WITH THE SIZE OF 851.7 KB. That is a virus. It will turn up in almost all software searches. Beware...

Back
Top Bottom