Video Died, ideas?

norcodh

Beta member
I have a brand new radeon 850 xt video card, it was working fine last night during counter strike, but when I got on thismornign and turned the screen on, it was all wavy lines and distortion. Iv restarted, takin the card out, tried everything. my thought it the card died.. Any ideas?

Yes it was hooked up right, it ran great for pretty much exactly a month.. Wierd. And yes i have a new PSU also, and I know it has more than enough power being 520 watts... And The card and case had great air flow so I know it wasnt a cooling issue. I RMAed it... I still would like to know why it died..

ive had problems like that with my geforce 6800 gs where the screen would suddenly pixelize and wouldnt be able to read or see anything, and with green and red pixels randomly scattered across the screen. i didnt know what it was, but when i restarted my pc it worked fine. it has happened a few times, and i think my drivers are current so i dont really know what the problem was.

possibly a defective graphics card? maybe the memory is bad and the pixelation as a result

Back
Top Bottom