Need your opinions.

wiktorek01

Daemon Poster
Finally, CF is running and normal speed. All day it would never load the page for me.

I need your opinions guys. I'm looking into buying a laptop.
I came across this Acer, but i've been warned to stay away from Acers.
Laptop
OH! and i found this Gateway too...
Laptop 2

I like this Acer becuase it has everything i really want in a laptop and is at a pretty goood price. I would also like some other laptops recommended, with specifications close to that one.
Also, is getting a Turion a good move looking at how computers are progressing? Like the new Microsoft OS, Vista, is written in 64-bit correct?

One more thing, i needed to connect 2 CAT5 cables so i bought a 8-conductor modular couplar...and it didn't work. What should i buy? Or can i just snip the cables and tie em together? lol.

Thanks in advance :p

It depends on how you want battery life... the turion is like the pent. M. It sips battery life. ON the other hand, the amd mobile 3700+ eats battery life like sumo wrestlers do rice. I like the acer. Acer is pretty good quality, actually, from my experience. Gateway has a lot of issues, but, if you get a good quality product, there shouldn't be any problems.

SLIPKNOTN21 said:
Dude no offense gateway sucks id stick with the acer all the way :)
I disagree I have a GateWay and it is GREAT. Never had any ProBlems with it ever. I personaly Suggest TOSHIBA. I know someone who fix's laptops for a living and says that TOSHIBA is the best. He has fixed 1000's of Laptops(People Break them want to upgrade ect.). I have one and it is great very durable. Really good for the price. You may have to pay a bit more but in the long run it is worth it... These are my thoughts

Gateway has improved so much over the years...they used to have shit for computers, now they're actually pretty good if you're looking for something cheap and reliable. The same goes for eMachines.

Acer isn't crappy...they make some pretty nice laptops for the money. Considering they make laptops for HP/Compaq, Dell and almost all brands except for Sony (who choose the produce their own), they don't suck in my book.

I like Acers, but sometimes their battery life can be on the low side depending on the processor a person chooses for it. I suppose HP have gotten better in producing computers but I still haven't heard many great things about the company and definitely nothing topping what i hear about Acer in comparison.

Try2Live4God said:
Gateways are too proprietary. Stay away....

Actually, not really. I replaced the psu in one, put in an ati 9250, and also changed the heat sink. so, not really.

Personally id go with a sony or samsung rather than those two, but thats just my prefrence...

Back
Top Bottom