new motherboard problem

Cabbs

Golden Master
hello, i just purchased an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard for my pc, and now when i insert the support cd and the cd drive revs up, the pc restarts and i do not know why.

here's my system specs
Silverstone TJ06
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Athlon 3500
PNY geforce 6800 gs
2 512mb pc3200 ram
maxtor 250 gb serial ata hdd

when u put the heatsink on u used thermal paste right? and check the bios to make sure everything is set correctly

i used arctic silver 5, and i checked the bios to make sure everything is fine. the bios detects the cd rom drive, but it still restarts. would reinstalling windows help?

check the clocks for everything and make sure theyre not set to high and if they are put them to what they should be, WOOT 1000 POSTS!

im sure how to find out the timings, so im just going to list what it says.

memory clk-----200 mhz
cas Latency (TcL)----3.0
ras/cas delay(trcd)---------3 clk
min active RAS(Tras)-------8 clk
Row Precharge Time(trpl)---3 clk
RAS/RAS Delay(TrrD)-------2 clk
Row Cycle(Trc)------------9 clk
Row Refresh Cycle(Trfc)---14 clk
Read Write Delay (Trwt)---2 clk
Read Preamble------------5.5 ms
Asynchronous Latency----7 ms

i hope thats what your looking for
edit: i couldnt find the voltages in the bios

ok well now i have a new problem, the bios screen that normally shows up for a few seconds when booting up doesnt appear, then when windows tries to start, a blue error screen saying that windows was shut down to prevent errors appears. the only thing i did was move my ram into different slots, shutting down and unplugging the computer of course. if i dont have this fixed tonight im just gonna go exchange it tomorrow where i got it from, since it has a store warranty.

edit: the bios shows up, i just somehow didnt notice it after 2 restarts

edit again:well windows started normally now, so maybe the ram wasnt in right or something

Back
Top Bottom