Help me choose a processor

The 9xx chips are super super nice. If you are worried about getting an different mobo, ASUS mobos are the way to go for Intel. Get a P5WD2-WS. It uses the 975x chipset, Crossfire ready and has an 8 phase power regulator compared to the usual 4 phase. That means better voltage management and no droop mods.

So which one would be the better choice the X2 4400+ or one of the new 9xx Pentium Ds?

Haha, I ponder that myself (if you look at my post in the other thread "Athlon X2 vs Pentium D"). The Presler incorporate some new technology, but the fact that it uses NetBurst still alters my perception of the new Pentium D. Go for the X2 4400+.

Which will be ariving when? I kinda need this PC soon or else I would wait till M2.

ownage said:
The 9xx chips are super super nice. If you are worried about getting an different mobo, ASUS mobos are the way to go for Intel. Get a P5WD2-WS. It uses the 975x chipset, Crossfire ready and has an 8 phase power regulator compared to the usual 4 phase. That means better voltage management and no droop mods.

LMAO, I remember back a good few months ago when the 900 series was released and I broke the news of it being 64bit, HTT, 2MB cache, etc. A lot of die hard AMD supporters as well as slower (read, duhh) members completely flamed me.

It's a good CPU for the price. However, I agree with most others here, Get the AMD X2. Also, the Pentium D, I think, impliments dual core in a terrible way.

Well I just read an article on the conroe core that was posted in another post somewhere in this forum, which was a really good article, and I have decided to stick with the X2 4400+. I am not going to wait for AM-2 socket... since I need a PC now... soo I got everything mostly decided... hopefully it will be a good system:). (seeing how I have only owned dells for most of the computers I have had then I think this will be an amazing pc)

I read that article and it was a very good article! I agree with it and I think the conroe wont be as big as a deal as it seems.

Back
Top Bottom