Disk boor error

Jiess

Solid State Member
Recently having a computer error and im to computer illiterate to fix it. Upgraded my processor and video card from a AMD 3000 socket 939 venice core to a AMD 3200 socket 939 venice core. Geforce 6600 to a 7800. Whenever I tried to start my machine I got a "CMOS checksum error" and the computer beeps 20 sum-odd times. Sometimes it would say "processor has been removed or changed, please check the processor soft menu." I had my motherboard from my second computer (everything is compatible) and installed it in the machine. Now when I start my comp. it beeps still and gives me a Disk boot error. I took the old processor and video and installed it in the machine and get the same errors.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm not exactly sure over the subject. But your problem kind of sounds like your clock speed is off... If you can, try to change it or reset it. It a little hard to explain how to do this, but I will try to look up some websites for you on how to do this.

Try Taking the CMOS Battery Out And Buy A new 1 And Use That. Because Low CMOS Battery Can Also Cause The Check Sum Error.

Back
Top Bottom