IM a noob needing help please

Does your pc boot up with the moniter working fine when ur pluged into the VGA port? (onboard GFX or moniter disply how ever you want to call it.)

and your saying that it only does not work when you put in the PCI GXF card right? if so then please connect your moniter back up to the VGA port out back and then load ur o/s then install the driver for this card then reset your pc etc... power down ur pc, put in ur PCI GFX Card connect it up. If you go get ur screen showing info eg, start up text etc... then go to bios, disable your VGA and then make sore that ur PCI Express card is enbles on there and then save changes and then wala.

Basicly, if you dont get anything out of your PCI Grafix or VGA then its a memory issue. If you get GFX out of your VGA and not your PCI GXF Card then its just a driver and bios issue.

So i need to install the driver FIRST even tho I was told it should still at least have a signal

Ok, so then install your GFX PCI Card driver with the CD hopfully provided onto your o/s. Then do that reset pc etc...... then reconect your moniter cable to the card and you should be there.

Eles check your BIOS and etc.. card might be duff.

My mates pc had this issue also when i was installing his. So i installed the driver 1st then it worked.

Also look in the bios, there should be a option there for the PCI GFX. Enable it.

Back
Top Bottom