New computer

foxracing5270

Beta member
Well first of all, I don't know too much about building a custom computer but I have a friend that can help me out some and hopefully you guys too. I have the basic idea of what some of the hardware in a computer does. Right now I have a dell dimension 4300 and it's terrible. 128mb of RAM, integrated graphics and so on. I have a pentium 4 but I got the computer in 6th grade and I'm a sophomore now so I'm guessing that this processor is out of date? I'm looking to build a computer for light/moderate gaming probably games such as Halo CE and CounterStrike source. My mom likes to use the computer for pictures so I need to at least be able to run my imaging program (not photoshop) and so forth while running other things like AIM and the internet. Im probably going to keep this through the rest of high school and college. I will upgrade in the future but I would like to not have to do so for a few years. Hopefully this will give you guys an idea of what kind of parts I should get.

I would wait until the end of this year, when the m2 mobo comes out for amd. You could then buy parts and be able to have your comp for years. If you get a comp now, socket 939 will be obselte by the end of this year and you'll be upgrading sooner than you would have to with the m2.

Back
Top Bottom