Review` ATi X900XT

Kazama

Daemon Poster
x1900series.jpg

Score: ****
Pros: Excellent peformance, This is what X800 should of been, Beats 7800GTX
Cons: A bit to pricey, Only beats the 7800GTX by a inch.
Price: US$549

Ati's X800 series wasn't much of a sucess and the X900 should of been what was the X800. The architecture of the X900 is overall the same as the X800, It now has 48 Pixel shaders triple the amount of the X800 and double the amount of the 7800GTX. The Radeon X900 has the XL, XT and XTX models. The transitor amount has increased by 20% packing more muscle!

x1900chip.jpg

Now to the benchmarks.
3D Mark03 Is a bit outdated but we will still be using it.
x1900_3dmark03noaa.gif

Your probaly like What! How is the GTX beating the X900, take a look at this.

3D Mark05

x1900_3dmark05noaa.gif

That's what i was expecting, but i was still expecting more ...

At the same debut price as X800 ( US$549 ) I suggest you get the nVidia 7800GTX, With just a slight edge with the X900 you won't reconize much of a diffrence. Watch this space fellas, Because nVidia ain't stoping yet.
NOTE: If you wanted a game tested with the X900 ask me.

Thumb120.jpg

Reviewing for your convience.

To correct you, it's the X1900 series. And not X800, but X1800 series. Just thought I'd clarify. :)

Overall, a good review. Although I felt it could have gone a tad bit more in-depth.

Ya, I could'nt fit so many Images in it so .....
Thanks for the comment, I'll get on a review later. Does anyone here need a specfic review? ;)

Could you review the X1600XT please? A lot of people are wanting to know how it compares to other cards. Maybe you could do that? Oh and I'm adding a poin to your reputation, you're already off to a good start here. :)

I would love to know how 2 1600XT's ran in Crossfire mode would fare against one 7800GTX, or 1800XT. Other than that, I think you're on the right track. It's going to be REAL hard to hold off on buying a super GPU like the 1900XT.

Am adding to the Rep.

Thanks for the Rep ;)
Sure i'll do a a review on it, But i don't have the card .....
Oh well ill do some researching and ill write a review. Right now am off to some CS :D

Look, the second I buy one of those x1900's ATi will come out with ANOTHER card. The problem with ATi is that they keep flining out cards and then nVidia makes ONE card, the first in 6 months to a year, and it blows away the ATi cards. ATi just keeps shooting them out, but nVidia makes one and blows everyone away!

It's always like that. The G71 really has a lot of ground to cover though...

1337DuD3 said:
Two X1600XTs would be really sweet to test out. :D

Yeah, I just can't justify, yet, whether or not it would just be better to get an SLI board and run one 7800GT, and add another later if necessary. There's a coolness factor to running dual GPU's, but the money is the problem. Hence the question. $400.00 for 2 1600XT's or $400.00 for 1 1800XT, or 1 7800GT. This new build is starting to NOT be fun. At least I have my processor, HD, and fan. Can't pick out a motherboard till I know Crossfire, or SLI.

Back
Top Bottom