Fire some questions at me :D

yeah wats the point of this..he can easily google anything and get the awnser ..

Yeha... kinda hard to not cheat at all... lol. I would ask you a question but you could put that in... no use at all maybe we could all join a chat room and give him like 10 seconds to answer each question... lol... who knows...

TreeHugger said:
1. Extended Memeory 64 Technology ("64-bit")
2. 3.0gb/s
3. The AMD northbridge is different i think. It doesn't use the 800mhz fsb system like the intel, instaed it uses hypertransport that has a bandwidth of 2000mhz. I have also heard that intel uses a different formula to calculate their processors freqencies, but i think this is bs. Also the Amd's use true 64-bit technology which increases their preformance dramatically. And i think the AMD 64's have an intregrated memory controller that helps them to perform effectivly.(i should have cheated and googled this)
4.either its 65nnm, or recently 45nm has been introduced.
5. Raid is found in Hardrives often as back ups, perfomance gain, security etc.
RAID 0-splits data evenly across two or more disks with no parity
RAID 1-creates an exact copy of a set of data on two or more disks
RAID 2- stripes data and uses a code to correct errors
RAID 3- uses striping with a dedicated parity disk
RAID 4- large sections of striping with a dedicated parity disk
RAID 5- uses block-level striping with parity with info distirbuted across all disks.

Heres my questions:

1. What does Sli stand for? RAID ? CRT? LCD? RAM? DDR? PCI ? AGP?
MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA (don't cheat)

Correct!!!

SLI is Scalable Link Interface, RAID, who knows, CRT, who knows, LCD means Liquid Crystal Display, PCI, who knows, AGP is Advanced/Accelerated Graphics Port. :)

CRT - Cathode ray tube? something like that!
PCI - isnt it just PC Interface!?
RAM - random access memory

Sticking with whatever they called then.. what is...
http?
html?

harder ones..
how many pins does an ide port have?
who invented the internet?
how do you know if you have the floppy cable upside down without looking at it (comp on - hint)?
name 5 high level programming languages?
why do we need to use binary?

much harder ones...
what is a dns server? why do we need them?
name the registers in a processor, what are they for?

obscenely hard...
what is my computers middle name? (lol)

:D

Floppy cable - it is upside down if the floppy light stays on all the time while it is on.

What's the answer to the following sequence: 1 + 4 + 7 + ... + 94 + 97 + 100? And, how do you do it?

Ok let's do the math one!!!

Ok, I'm using Mircosoft Calculator to do this one!

Your problem's answer is...

**drum roll**

1717!!!!!

jay8990 said:
CRT - Cathode ray tube? something like that!
PCI - isnt it just PC Interface!?
RAM - random access memory

Sticking with whatever they called then.. what is...
http?
html?

HTTP - I forgot. Could have something to do with my apathy
HTML - Hyper (soomething) Markup Language

harder ones..
how many pins does an ide port have?
who invented the internet?
how do you know if you have the floppy cable upside down without looking at it (comp on - hint)?
name 5 high level programming languages?
why do we need to use binary?

1) Technically, 40... However, today's IDE cables are considered 80 pins due to grounding.

2) The same people who made Internet 2. It was a study conducted by a certain college professor. The military wanted to use it so they could exchange data from computer to computer without having to be physically on that computer.

3) Much like IDE cables. The pins need to line up. Nowadays there's a notch on the top of the IDE cable. In the past it was confusing, but you could basically find out which way it went by the "7" shape. The cable curles toward the extended head of the cable. The base of that "7" should be facing inward toward the drives.

4) C++, C, Visual Basic, Delphi, Java

5) We don't need binary. Your PC uses binary to communicate. So, in essence, the computer needs binary. Binary is a digital representation of the highs and lows of a sine and cosine electrical signal. The rise of the "wave" presents a 1 and the fall of the "wave" represents a 0. 0 meaning off and 1 meaning on.

much harder ones...
what is a dns server? why do we need them?
name the registers in a processor, what are they for?

1) DNS (to my understanding) stands for Dynamic Name Server. It's purpose is to translate IP addresses into web addresses such as www.google.com.
We need them to prevent confusion when it comes to websurfing. Instead of remembering the IP address, we can just remember the name.

2) The registers don't have names. They are represented using a special memory address in the processor. The new AMD 64 processors (or the current ones) have 64bit registers. Meaning that with its memory addresses, it can send 64 bits of data at a time. The number of transistors determine the number of registers in the processor. Some processors have several million transistors!

obscenely hard...
what is my computers middle name? (lol)

:D

It doesn't have one!

Ha!

wow computers amaze me....and so do all of u =p

im the kind of person that want everything perfect but too lazy to do the work. =/

Respect to Quinton Mcleod (although you didnt get what was meant to be the easy ones! lol)

-- Just on the side my last name is Macleod! :D

Back
Top Bottom