Amd?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I have been with Intel since i started with computers, and have not as yet owned an AMD machine... This is what leads me to ask what the main AMD CPU's available are and what they compare to in Intel.
I hope this is not to much to ask...All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

AMD processors are generally better for the most part. They consume less power, do more per clock, have 64 bit architecture, smoe are even dual core, and they're generally the same price as an intel processor. A good AMD processors is the AMD Athelon 64. Also the Athelon 64 X2 series processors, which are dual core. Go to http://www.newegg.com and search for AMD processors. I guanrtee you you'll find what you're looking for. :)

Mattyl110792 said:
Hi,

I have been with Intel since i started with computers, and have not as yet owned an AMD machine... This is what leads me to ask what the main AMD CPU's available are and what they compare to in Intel.
I hope this is not to much to ask...All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

If you want to go the extra mile, get an Opteron!!

Yeah the Opterons are failry sweet. They're Dual-Core, overclock like crazy, and I believe they're cheaper then the X2 series processors! :D

Thankyou all for the information, it's much appreciated. I am still deciding when i build my first comp (hopefully this year) whether to get an Intel or AMD.

Thanks,

Matt

Opteron's aren't all dual core. Check out mine, the 148. Sweet processor! Overclocks like a beast!

1337DuD3 said:
Yeah the Opterons are failry sweet. They're Dual-Core, overclock like crazy, and I believe they're cheaper then the X2 series processors! :D

They ARE NOT cheaper than X2s now. AMD has raised the price on them. And Intel 9xx chips are very good.

Hmmmm I thougth they were cheaper. Oh well, they're great processors if you have the money! The intel 9xx processors are good, but not when you compare them to their X2 processor counterparts.

Back
Top Bottom