Help me choose a processor

if money is no object, treat yourself to the +4400. as stated in the thread the +3800 will overclock to a +4400, but the +4400 is also a seriously good overclocker. A guy on another forum has gradually been overclocking it to the limit. At last check he is up to +5200 on aircooling without any instability. The prices dropped a little on monday as well. Im just building a system too. I will be definitely going for the +4400. The intel i dunno, cos im an AMD freak.

I may go with the 4400+ and maybe get a 6800GS to save some money for now and wait until the 7800 gtx drops in price and get two of those in sli.

Intel has just redesigned the Pentium D right? If I went with INTEL id havta get a diff mobo and DFI doesnt really have any good intel boards. But its 550 bucks CDN for the 4400+.

Well, the Pentium D 9xx series processors are nice, but if you want something better, get the Athelon 64 X2 series CPUs. The Pentium D's use a quad-pumped FSB to communicate to each other, so in terms of processing, the Pentium D 9xx processor is not as good as the Athelon 64 X2. I would go with AMD on this build, if you want a gaming machine, AMD is what you want. If you want a gaming machine, but at a lower cost, go with intel. Either way you'll end up with a good machine! :D

Yeah I think its going to be the X2 4400+ i just havta decide on the video card. Because for 200 dollars (CDN) more I can get a 7800gt. Decisions, decisions.

Why not get an X1800XL? It's a sweet card, and I believe cheaper then the 7800GT. Not to sure though. But a 6800GS would be nice too! :D

the X1800XL is not cheaper then the 7800gt ...?? Maybe the gtx but not the gt. Well i found a good canadian site that has a 7800gt for a good price.. so I may go with that... and I can always add another one in SLI.

Back
Top Bottom