Woah.. My video card is searing hot!!

Half Evil

Golden Master
Just playing guild wars for a few hours, and then I start to get lagged, with my music. Im just like whatever it happends. But then, I get these MAJOR artifacts on screen. THe game was spasing out. So im like WTF? I open the case, touch the video card, and its sooooo effing hot. Now its the x300 SE (not low profile). And its got this big black thing on it. Im assuming thats likea heatsink, or something to act as a cooler. But, there is no heatsink, or, fan on this at all. So what do I do? Its got proper cooling. Nothing internally has been changed or altered. And its not ever clocked. Whats going on? And to make it not so laggy, It was almost on med-low graphics. I mean really.. WTF? I opened the case for it to get more air, and left it open for a few min. And my case it really, really easy to access :D

Now, that i think about it. Its the second time its happened. It happened once yesterday play the same game. Guildwars. I just thought that the artifacts were a fluke. But appearently not. I mean steaks, and lines appearing, other things dissappearing. Laggy on screen. As with the rest of my computer. Blah! This is gay.. What do i do. And soon ill be getting the x1600xt. But im not sure when. So I would like to get this fixed.

just leave the side off until u get that x1600xt and if that doesnt do it then theres not much else u can do other than buy a new cooler

Joy.. But also, its on carpet (i know bad) but, cause its on the floor, with the side open.. its gonna get like, dust and crap in there. right?

probably but uve already got fans sucking air(and dust) in there so i dont think it would make a big difference

True. Maybe what ill do is just kinda lay one of those hand fans on top of it. Or maybe not. I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom