Windows Vista

Do you have a DVI connection only? Des it says HDCP? If you said yes to both, then you're good.o

Damnit, no. Once again, it gives me another perfect excuse to spend yet again, more money on a new monitor. Im' getting an LCDTV next time.

i'd probably get vista probably sometime around 2 years after it comes out, time for them fix all the bugs and stuff

yea well i really doubt this is all true, microsofts goal is simplicity and no 1 would have the knowlege 2 kno wat 2 do in this event

I don't like the DRM stuff, plus the higher spec Vista will use. I still rather use Linux because of the price cost. I don't game much on PC. If I do there would always be Cedega.

well, all i know is apple better get cheapter because im switching over as soon as they do.

I don't think thats quite true because if you had to have a special monitor to use vista no one will be able to upgrade their current systems to vista so ms will not have many upgraders and end up losing alot of money.

mikee286 said:
I don't think thats quite true because if you had to have a special monitor to use vista no one will be able to upgrade their current systems to vista so ms will not have many upgraders and end up losing alot of money.
thats basically wat i'm tryin 2 say :p

Quinton McLeod said:

Are you all kidding me?! Windows Vista is going to be horrible.

I've been keeping tabs on it for quite a long time. Windows Vista's DRM protection is said to lock down many programs such as MP3 players and CD/DVD burning software. Not only that, but hardware drivers have to be Microsoft approved otherwise they will be locked by the kernel's DRM controls. This is a major backwards compatibility issue!!

That's not all! Those who purchase Vista will need a monitor that supports DRM protection otherwise their desktop will be 640 x 480 with a convenient message saying, "In order to view Windows in a higher resolution, you will need a monitor with DRM protection."

Don't believe me? Read this:
http://informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=167101058#_

and

http://www.pcstats.com/ArtVNL.cfm?articleid=1871&page=2

No way.

Im not doubting you, I'm just shocked.

Back
Top Bottom