ASUS A8N5X ATX AMD Motherboard - $89.99
Albatron Geforce 6600LE 6600LEQ Video Card 256 mb - $83.00
NEC Black IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner Model - $39.75
CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) - $81.00
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor - $160.00
Western Digital Caviar SE 120GB HD - $82.00
Raidmax Sagitta 450 PS ATX - $80.00

Total: 615.74

And now I have one more question. I cannot order all these parts at once, for some reasons, but I can order maybe, at most, two at a time.

So I was thinking in this order:
1. Motherboard
2. Case
3. CPU
4. RAM
5. HD
6. CD/DVD Drive
7. Video card

So my questions is this: Which parts should I order first so I may begin building my computer?

And should I begin building when I recieve the parts or wait until they all arrive?

Thanks.

You're going to want your motherboard, CPU, and case first. If you can, order those three at once! You'll put your CPU on your motherboard as your first step, the install the motherboard in that case. I know that that case already has a PSU in it so you shouldn't have to worry about that. You'll need RAM, the video card, and the hard drive to get everything else working. Finally, you can get the CD drive, even though you'll have to use that to install Windows. So, basically, it doesn't really matter. But, if you want to go ahead and construct it, go in the manner that I just said.

Whats the diff between putting CPU on mobo before the mobo is mounted in the case?? Just a little easier I imagine.

Haha a lot easier. And, when you have the motherboard in a case, it is up on little "stilts" if you will, that raise the motherboard off the back surface of the case (otherwise it would probably short out). So, your motherboard will flex a lot more while installing the CPU (you have to put a lot of pressure on it, it gets my nerves going every time) and potentially damage it. Whereas if you have the motherboard sitting on a nice rubber mat (that's grounded to minimize static electricity, of course) that's a little padded, it'll be much more convenient.

Back
Top Bottom