Hacker Down

I think the Lisa virus was made in the town right next to me. My computers teacher told me that. The guy went to jail and could not not buy computer hardware for 10 years.

David Lindon said:
Why would anyone do that though? Why not put his computer skills to a constructive use?

Yea he was in SF, probobly one of the biggest hacker job places ever. I can do some cool hacks with a good old Debian terminal/shell, but all I can do is generate a questionarre or a box that keeps asking you questions then starts throwing witty insults at you! :D

David Lindon said:
Why would anyone do that though? Why not put his computer skills to a constructive use?

He probably just did the most important thing in his life - and got himself a career out of it!

Major security firms, including intelligence agencies (KGB, MI5, CIA) all end up employing the top noch hackers for there own use when they do things like this.

Kudos to him for not doing anything stupid, but it's still a serious thing.

It makes me wonder. seeing as how he was indeed, "1337" do you think the CIA will take him out of jail and possibly hire him? Either that or when his time is served do you think they'll hire him?

1337DuD3 said:
It makes me wonder. seeing as how he was indeed, "1337" do you think the CIA will take him out of jail and possibly hire him? Either that or when his time is served do you think they'll hire him?

He's not 1337 at all. He got caught.

Haven't you ever heard the quote, "A good hacker, everybody knows. But an ultra elite hacker, nobody knows"

Back
Top Bottom