Reformating HD how??? help!

unisole187

Solid State Member
hi, i want to reinstall Windows xp and start from fresh, do i need to reformat my hard drive? if so how do i do it?

1.put the windows cd in.
2. reboot the computer
3. go to bios and set the cd-drive to be the 1st boot device
4. reboot
5. it asks for u to press any key if u want to boot from cd, so press something.
6. if u just want to reinstall windows then just install it on an existing partition, if u want to delete everything on the hdd and install windows on a clean hdd then delete the old partitions and make new ones and install windows on one of them (deleting the partition will remove all of the files on that partition)
7. follow instructions

1. back up everything u want to keep 2. restart the comp and keep tapping delete to get into the bios and in there set it to boot of the cd drive 3. put the windows cd in and save and exit 4. boot off of the cd and follow the steps 5. make sure u tell it to format before installing windows

i dont think it gave me an option to format i pressed one of the F buttons into the Bios when it first restarted, and then it said do i want to reinstall windows XP it didn't say do you want to reformat your hard drive i dont think, what i want to do is get rid of everything and start from fresh, VIRUS FREE! :)

do i need to reformat my Harddrive first? how?

Do you have a system disk for the computer if you do then these steps should help you reformat the hard drive.

1. reboot your system and set the bios so it reads your floppy drive first.
2. As it boots from the floppy you should see soem stuff about the cd-rom.
3. If the cd-rom works then just type format c:
4. After it's reformatted put your windowsXP Cd in the drive and type setup..

Back
Top Bottom