Size of signature

root said:
BBcode is sigs is a no because people use it to put big pictures in, (it's hard to realy monitor the picture size).
they also use it to put annoying links to websites...

I'd love it if it were enabled, because then I could have a nice sig pic, but it's not, and there's no sense complaining because I don't think it will be enabled either...
OK, great, but, re my query, nobody has yet explained why we can't access sigs since the revamp, perhaps David or Seti will step in?

Just to make my point again My sig at home on 1280x1024 is 4 lines, at school on 800x600 it's 8.

Dishdog said:
Just to make my point again My sig at home on 1280x1024 is 4 lines, at school on 800x600 it's 8.
8 lines at school is up to the school authorities, & is no concern to CF, you say that here you have 4 lines, but the fifth line under your sig line makes it 5, as it is grouped with it, so that's OK!! :D

OK...

perhaps someone can decide on a standard resolution for what length sigs should be at five lines for...

now I don't want any snobbery as in people with better monitors or graphics cards belitteling people for not having as good of a computer/display setup...

as a starting suggestion I think that it wouldn't be unfair to suggest 1024 x 768
that's not insanely large...
and not insanely small either...

Everyone forgets this is the house that David built. As such you have to respect the decisions he makes about avatars and sigs. Yes even if they are hosted offsite that makes no difference. The pages load slow no matter what connection you have. It looks messy and it's next to impossible to moderate. Not plugging his site but if you want to see what it would turn in to go here.
kustompcs.co.uk/index.php?
This is an exsample of messy and a sig/avatar free for all.

If you think 800x600 when building your sig then all of the resolutions would look good.

root said:
OK...

perhaps someone can decide on a standard resolution for what length sigs should be at five lines for...

now I don't want any snobbery as in people with better monitors or graphics cards belitteling people for not having as good of a computer/display setup...

as a starting suggestion I think that it wouldn't be unfair to suggest 1024 x 768
that's not insanely large...
and not insanely small either...
Resolution isn't the problem, all they have to do in "Edit your sig", is hit the space key between the words, & move them into longer & longer lines until there are only five lines, simple!, after there aren't that many with excess lines, what's all the fuss?, I haven't got the whip out! :)

Maurice said:
8 lines at school is up to the school authorities, & is no concern to CF, you say that here you have 4 lines, but the fifth line under your sig line makes it 5, as it is grouped with it, so that's OK!! :D

No meant at school my CF sig is 8 lines because we run the monitors at a res of 800x600. at home i run at a much bigger res so my CF sig is only 4 lines.

Dishdog said:
No meant at school my CF sig is 8 lines because we run the monitors at a res of 800x600. at home i run at a much bigger res so my CF sig is only 4 lines.
I should have said simply "OK", I guess, I wasn't prying into what you do at school.

rusbo.uk said:
Oh does it really matter? no! just keep them short!
Yours would be ideal, but you know some guys, they like to stuff it up front, & on vew, nothing wrong with that, they could of course, enter details "inside" their profile, you don't see anything displayed on mine, only a quote. :)

Back
Top Bottom