Too Much Confusion

MiniVanMan said:
DONE!!

As for hard drives, I can get them through work. 140 GB SATA for free. Theres nothing out there that is more worth THAT. They're only 1.5s but hey, I'm not complaining. For awhile I was able to get SCSI drives and boards, but not anymore. Plus mobo's with SCSI support are hard to find with other features like SLI (ASUS now makes one with CROSSFIRE support though, but it's Pentium and EXPENSIVE).

If you can get those HDs for free, then get 2 of them and Raid them together using Raid 0. It will increase the overall performance of your OS by 40%.

Yeah, but if your hard drives screw up for some reason, you can say bye bye to all that data. RAID 0 will help increase speed, but to be safe, make sure you backup your data regularly.

alvino said:
Yeah, but if your hard drives screw up for some reason, you can say bye bye to all that data. RAID 0 will help increase speed, but to be safe, make sure you backup your data regularly.

He can use Raid 0/1 if he is afraid of losing data. Raid 0/1 combines striping with mirroring which is great. He could also use the parity Raid which works even better than mirroring.

Well, duh. But, you gotta be safe sometimes...otherwise your data might go POOF! :p

alvino said:
Well, duh. But, you gotta be safe sometimes...otherwise your data might go POOF! :p

Then he could get 3 hard drives and only raid 2 of them. He can put his OS on the raid and then put important stuff on the other HD.

Problem solved :p

or get a 74GB raptor and put the OS on that and then use the other HDD for storage.

Raid zero.
Two hard drives that strip the data in half, and put on half on one drive, and the other half on the other. But if one goes out, your dead in the water

Raid one.
Two harddrives that copies the exact same data for both. So if one dies, you have litterally the same exact drive. But then again not really, lol..

Back
Top Bottom