What PSU/Case should I get with my new computer?

Conspirate

In Runtime
Assembling my first custom, going to be used for gaming among other things.I'm getting an AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 320GB HD, eVGA 7800 GT, eVGA SLI Motherboard, and 1-2 GB XMS. I still havent decided on what case to get. I was about to get this , until I noticed the power supply it came with was only 400. My friend reccomended I should get a 500, so it would be pretty pointless to buy this case and then buy a seperate PSU since it already comes with one.

I havent seen any cases yet that I have been attracted to as much as the Rosewill, and I dont want to blow a lot on the case. Could you guys suggest a good case that comes with a PSU or a good PSU for what I am going to be using it for? Thanks.

Here is a really nice case that comes with a 500 watt psu. it is also a full tower unlike the mid tower u had in ur link.

dont buy cases that come with psu, the psus are usually of very shall we say BAD quality. im not sure about all cases, but i really wouldnt trust my computer to a rosewill psu. get a tehrmaltake or an antec or something since your not running sli. if you are get an sli certified mobo.

Mikey said:
Here is a really nice case that comes with a 500 watt psu. it is also a full tower unlike the mid tower u had in ur link.

Where is the link Mike? And in follow up, I am getting an SLI Motherboard, just not using it for SLI at the moment, but will in the future.

Also, what wattage do you reccomend.

a good case is Antec P-180, a good PSU is PCP&C, OCZ Powerstream, Seasonic S12-500 or S12-600 and Fortron AX-500A.

abowlofrice, i would stay away from that case unless you want your room to sound like a jet engine. That case is extremely loud. I would know because i have owned that case and have given up on it. It doesnt even cool as well as my P-180. My P-180 is pretty quiet compared to the cooling from the fans. The P-180 has exceptional air flow so your components stay nice a cool without the noise.

Back
Top Bottom