Fan with 3 pin

Mikey1

In Runtime
i have a fan that i would like to put in my computer but it plugs into the mobo with a 3 pin plug in. I see a open 3 pin on my mobo but am not sure what it is for and if it would work if i plugged it there. Help

Usually it'll say on the PCB right by the plug. "CPU_Fan" "Power_Fan" or something like that.

alvino said:
Usually it'll say on the PCB right by the plug. "CPU_Fan" "Power_Fan" or something like that.

i agree with alvino, beside each jumper or plug thingy, theres a print that says wut its for. like the cpu fan should say "CPU FAN" and system speaker should say "speaker"

u can always go check ur mobo instruction booklet for further help.

its a white connector with three pins sticking out. There should be 3 or 4 identical ones on the mobol.

None of my case fans are two pin so I can't connect them to the motherboard. I just use the 3 pin connectors that are used for connecting things like the HDD. I mean there are two wires coming out of the fans but they join up with these larger 3 pin connectors. Maybe it's not the same for you.

edit - wait no, upon further inspection the pins are actually 4 on mine. Nevermind then...totally different.

no this fan is from a dell and it connects to the dell mobo. i want to put it in my case connecting to my mobo. the only spot i see that is a 3 pin is one that says pwr_led which is the leds in the front of the case. I dont know if it will work or not so should i just give it a try?

Back
Top Bottom