Free Windows

minorthreat412

Solid State Member
I have a computer right now that will only run when using a boot disk. I managed to format the hard drive. I'm pretty sure that once I install an operating system it will run fine. unless someone can tell me otherwise; I don't know why else it won't start up. I'm a beginner.

I was wondering if there was any possible way to install windows onto the computer. Such as using another computers windows disk or downloading an install offline somewhere for free. I don't care what kind of operating system it is . I just want something other than DOS. But I really don't want to have to spend any money.

THank you.
-Chad

there is no "free windows"..... (well not legally).... but there is alternatives... like linux (just a different operating system..) (not like windows) and if your using linux... theres alot of distro's out there like Ubuntu.. (a free linux distro.. also a good one)....linux is more securer virus and hacker wise... and is more stable then windows..... good luck on installing and chosing an os for your computer! and remember that when you chose an os.. make sure your system meets the requirements!

There are many ways that you can get a copy of "free" Windows. I cant tell you of course, its not difficult to find. I don't recommend u break the law though. Try a GNU/Linux distribution like Fedora Core or Suse. They look and function far better than Windows XP, no viruses and worms, stable and free. What more could one ask for=)

you cant get "free windows" leagally so i would install linux its free fast and it beats windows

dangerousbeme said:
I'd probably be running linux right now if it wasnt for the fact I can't play my favorites games on it. :(

I can understand that=) Why don't you do a dual-boot setup. Use Windows for games and GNU/Linux for everything else. That's what I do.

Back
Top Bottom