Allow uploaded avatars

HRHunteRHR

BSOD
I know it may look like I'm on a crusade here, with all the "lets vote", and "more smilies", and "fix that avatar (lol nothing happened there anyways... :p )", but I have to say.

How about when you become a Guru, you can upload your own avatars!! That would solve all the "lets get new avatars". The second you get new ones, everyone is going to get bored with them.... SO make them earn it with posts!!

Yeaaaaaah that would be cool but I doubt its gonna happen. This has been asked many times before. I personally dont really care about the little picture that is next to my name though.

yeah right, why do people even mention this stuff....noone is going to take it into consideration that it's something the members want....they're too concerned about having a clean or professional looking forum......loosen up guys

seems like none of the suggestions are even being considered lately

HRHunteRHR said:
How about when you become a Guru, you can upload your own avatars!! That would solve all the "lets get new avatars". The second you get new ones, everyone is going to get bored with them.... SO make them earn it with posts!!

Sounds like a good idea, but David's said no so many times I've honestly lost count.

Sorry folks, it might not happen. Let's see what David says.

I will say something stupid, but I will say it for fun: Remove ALL avatars...no avatars to anyone, even mods and admin

I don't see why we couldn't have that, I don't think it makes for a "messy" looking forum, it's just a picture....geez. if someone doesn't want to see the pics they can turn off the avatars in their user control panel. seems like david doesn't care about what the members would like to see, he just cares about the way he wants the forum to look.
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting tired of looking at the same old stuff.

I can't remember David's exact reasons for not allowing avatars, I think it was something to do with hotlinking and it being very difficult to control what avatars people used i.e. some people may be offended if you uploaded a swastika.

Hell, even my avatar may be offensive to people from Glasgow (if they're extremist patriotic Weedgies :D )

well, like I said, if they're offended they can turn the avatars off if they wish....same with signatures. I don't see any reason why we couldn't have custom avatars.....but apparently David does and he won't even consider it...even though we've been lobbying for it for a long time. Doesn't he know that the members run this place and you have to make a compromise every now and then to make people happy. or hell....even just for a change, this place really needs some changes.

Tommy Boy said:
I don't see why we couldn't have that, I don't think it makes for a "messy" looking forum, it's just a picture....geez. if someone doesn't want to see the pics they can turn off the avatars in their user control panel. seems like david doesn't care about what the members would like to see, he just cares about the way he wants the forum to look.
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting tired of looking at the same old stuff.

That's why I sugested to use the Invision boards...

Quoting HRHunteRHR
End quote
Let them earn them with posts? This place already has it's share of lame, dumb and just plain stupid posts by people seeking titles. Just think of the total chaos it would invoke if you had a avatar as the prize for the most posts...
I think David sees this and most likely is the reason why it's not happening.

Back
Top Bottom