Best choice of Internet security

BobbyDRZA

Baseband Member
I am about to reformat my system agaibn because of a massive spy-ware attack. I did have Ad-Aware installed but it just couldn't handle everything by its self. I have heard that Norton Internet Security 2006 isn't very reliable and hogs alot of system resources so what other new internet security bundles out there have been proven to get the job done and also without any system problems?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mcafee antivirus (or AVG), and mcafee firewall (or use free zone alarm firewall), microsoft antispyware (free), i would still use adaware also (why not, it's free too), and spybot search and destroy.......good luck!

Check out Panda Internet Security or Trend Micro PC Cillin. Keep in mind that any full suite will not save you from adware and spyware. Although thes programs will remove certain items, I suggest you also install and run the following:
AdAware SE
SpyBot-Search and Destroy
Microsoft Antispyware Beta

Rather than going with a security suite, which will eat up some resources, here is what I use:

Avast! Home Edition (Anitvirus) Free
Windows Firewall (Free) Or you could use Zone Alarm (Free)
AdAware SE (Free)
SpyBot-Search and Destory (Free)
Microsoft Antispyware Beta (Free)
Common Sense (Free) ;)
That about covers it.

I sugget Sysmatic for antivirus. Spydoctor (costs) for your main spyware, then have the microsoft, for a secondardy since its free. Also everything esle. Keep it updated scheldue regular scans and updates. And you should be good unless you really have no idea what your doing and shut it down. I never EVER shut down my antivirus or spyware for any reason.

Back
Top Bottom