have a bad car smell

i had a smell coming from my vents that smelt like sumthing had died. It just so happened to be my radiator hose was leaking right above my ac fan. I tightened it, and the smell was gone

I leave the windows open all day and all night and remove the seat covers plus the carpet of the interior. It's a very serious job and my stomach is aching because of that bad smell. Right now,the smell is still there but just on the lower portion of the car,under the seats.I really dont want to ride on my car right now. I ordered new set of seat covers to replace the old one. I sprayed another air freshner today,I hope it will be removed before saturday because my cousin will used it as their bridal car.

extendcradle said:
I leave the windows open all day and all night and remove the seat covers plus the carpet of the interior. It's a very serious job and my stomach is aching because of that bad smell. Right now,the smell is still there but just on the lower portion of the car,under the seats.I really dont want to ride on my car right now. I ordered new set of seat covers to replace the old one. I sprayed another air freshner today,I hope it will be removed before saturday because my cousin will used it as their bridal car.

BRIDAL CAR!!!!!!!!!!! uhh ok some quick advice take about a gallon of water mix it with some vineagar or alchol but very little put it in a spray bottole spray a little everywhere and you should be ok. vineagar works the best. also if u dont wanna do that just take some 70% alchol and just put it on there so when the alchol evaporates which is very fast it will hopefully pick up some of the smells. so just drive around with some rubbing alchol...............and dont ask how i figured this out..... very unpleasant.

fierce,tnx for the advice. I should give it a try. Someone also told me to put charcoal inside because it can help absorb foul odor.

No, but baking Soda does that. And very well I might add. So get a few boxes, and bundle up the car, and set them in random places. And you should get rid of it fairly fast. Within a week maybe. Just make sure to mix up the soda. Or else it will stop obsorbing ordor.

lol, that's gotts suck...there is nothing worse than the smell of rotting fish....anyways yeah, i would just take your car in to a car dealer and have them detail it for you.

Back
Top Bottom