8 Core GPU. yes that's right, 8.

kev said:
that thing is a beast. when do you think nvida will have 65mn CPU's??

Probably within the next two years. The GPU industry seems to always be behind the CPU industry by atleast a year. So if the predicted launch of 45nm CPUs is in 07', then 65nm will be this year, followed by 45nm chips within 08' to 09'. All of this is a hunch though on the 45nm part. However, nVidia has said that they want 65nm GPUs to be released at the end of 06'. So keep your eyes open!

Either im mistaken or your mistaken but( probably me :D).....
I thought that "quad-sli" just means that there are 2 gpus per pci-express slot, sowith 2 sli slots that totals 4 gpu cores. But, i think this is wrong because im thiking of what was in the dell xps 600 which wasnt quad-sli.....it just had 4-gpu cores on 2 slots. But eventually it will ship with quad sli. So what is it, are there 4 pci-express slots in quad-sli or are there 2.

No no no. Quad SLI means 4 PCI-Express slots, all of which can be used for SLI'ing your video cards! Because4 is better then 2!! :D

It's jsut giving the people who have the money to buy them a bigger internet penis. Thats it, what the most pointless waste of money ever.. Honestly not many games to date even need dual 7800gtx!?!? Why more then double the power of it? Pointless.

Chris

Not pointless, it just shows that in the future, you can infact use multiple GPUs to get the absolute maximum performance out of your PC. Most people won't be able to afford it right now, but give it time and more often then not you'll see people switchign to multiple GPUs. And besides, if I could have a quad-SLI board with four 512 7800GTXs and four gigs of RAM, I wouldn't turn it down! :D

Back
Top Bottom