Need some help please!!

Mitesh

BSOD
Well anyway here is the computer My first build (im 16) almost 17!! 2days left wahey!!!

I hav had 2 create a blog cus i dnt no how 2 post pics here as they r saved on my computer.

So click here to view the photos : http://theone008.blogspot.com/.
Lol look at the miscolour dismatch of my drives LOL I thought about spray painting them but the Logos would disappear + there is a door so it doesnt really matter.

Dam those fans r bloody noisy.

As it can be seen the wiring is ok i cant seem 2 do anything alse, I recently purchased the Antec black sleeve cabling from overclockers but i returned it because I didnt want it anymore along with the Logitech G15 keyboard and some other items totalling £130.49 and I still havnt received a refund even though I sent the items to them and they were received by them on the 30th of December 2005.

I could not have organised the wires better even with the antec sleeve cabling because of the way they are all induvidual seperate wires as can b seen in the photos.

Anyone got any ideas how i can rewire it all to make it look better? A

nd any mods any ideas of a good mod (light neons) nothing too demanding just some lights would be nice. i cant think of a clour scheme and how and where I would place the lights, I mean the big cathode tubes are simple enough but i dont understand where I am meant to put the little LED's you can buy.

I hate flashing lights they are annoying and I would prefer it if I could turn the lights off, that would b useful especially due to the screen being located right next to the window of the case (reflection probs)/

I will be buying the Gigaworks 7.1 S750 as soon as I get my money back from Overclockers, accompanied with the Creative X-FI Fatalaty FPS sound card should be amazing!! My workplace still ows me £133 and I still hav 2 send a TV tuner card I bought from dabs.co.uk back because it did not come with software and drivers + i dnt want it anymore especially since it came with no outer packaging............

as for those drives, you can take the faceplates off and the front of the drive tray comes off too and you can paint them. I did it with mine, I don't care about logos. As for the wiring, get some wire ties and wire tie everything out of the way and clean it up, should look pretty good.
my pics
Front.JPG

My Rig.JPG

I agree. Wire ties/Cable ties are probably your best bet. As far as fancy lights go, cold cathode tubes would be fine since you could switch them on/off with some front panel fan controllers. Unfortunately I only have a fan controller from coolermaster to eliminate noise and no fancy lights. I used to have a thermaltake thunderblade RED LED fan on the side of the case, but that was too noisy even with the fan turned down low.

I think you've done a pretty good job as none of the cables in your rig will reduce air flow. Everything seems tucked out the way and the CPU fan is not blocked. Check your temperatures with a utility called Speedfan.

umm, 1 what acholy if your problem and 2 if you want to get lame fancy lights get a 650W PSU and you will be waaaaaayyyyyy in the safe side of things. 500w is good anouth, 450w is ok 400w might get away with it, 300 or 350 lol yer have fun with some power glitshes.

hmmmm......... its a 480W Antec Trueblue, very stable and cabable... u think it will be enough keeping in mind the compenets i am using (also I am buying the Creative X-FI Fatalty FPS and attached to that Creative Gigaworks 7.1 S750 (HELL YEAH :D)).

Erm CJ u c if u read my long 'summary' with the link above u will c that i had bought the Vantec cable sleeving in black but i gave them bak (read above please) do u think i should buy them again and if so what colour? I want the case to look very good from the inside u know like a modular power supply except I dont want buy one because that would b a waste of money and also I enjoy oding things like that half the fun is the challenge no one can disagree to that........... I mean wats the fun in prebuilt things?

I would like to give the case inside a sort of spaceship sort of feel if u get my drift, so little different coloured LED'S might do the trick....... I live in he UKK can anyone suggesst a fan controller which has support for 4 fans, and at least 4 differet sets of lights? Must be digital because analouge controls will not allow me to close the door on the front of the case.
Thanks everyone by the way!

Novartic_ said:
umm, 1 what acholy if your problem and 2 if you want to get lame fancy lights get a 650W PSU and you will be waaaaaayyyyyy in the safe side of things. 500w is good anouth, 450w is ok 400w might get away with it, 300 or 350 lol yer have fun with some power glitshes.

Wattage is not a good indicator of how stable a PSU is going to be. Try a 550W Q-Tec for size and watch as it blows up and takes your motherboard with it. It's the MAX (not PEAK) amount of Amps the rails are rated at that counts. At least 18A on the 12V rail is recommended. Seasonic, Tagan and Akasa Power Supplies are the best.

Mitesh said:
hmmmm......... its a 480W Antec Trueblue, very stable and cabable... u think it will be enough keeping in mind the compenets i am using (also I am buying the Creative X-FI Fatalty FPS and attached to that Creative Gigaworks 7.1 S750 (HELL YEAH :D)).

Your PSU is fine.

Mitesh said:
Erm CJ u c if u read my long 'summary' with the link above u will c that i had bought the Vantec cable sleeving in black but i gave them bak (read above please) do u think i should buy them again and if so what colour? I want the case to look very good from the inside u know like a modular power supply except I dont want buy one because that would b a waste of money and also I enjoy oding things like that half the fun is the challenge no one can disagree to that........... I mean wats the fun in prebuilt things?

I read your very long summary and it's obvious that you do not know what cable ties are. They are thin pieces of wire wrapped in plastic and tend to be supplied with every product that has a plug to keep it tidy. They are barely visible. If you want to buy the more expensive wraps which run the length of a cable, that is entirely up to you. You can get black or white cable ties. I'm no fashion designer so choose the colour yourself.

Try Google and search for exactly what you want. Decent manufacturers are Coolermaster and Antec. Search for fan controllers on ebay also.

Ummm, you need the wattege as well mate, the amps as loing as there on or about the recomended level ampege it would be fine. If you have lower Whats it would die. The PSU is what u pay is that u get in this world unfortunitly. standard ones are ok. If i were you a 480w whould be ok for the job.

of course i know wat cable ties r......... i just find them very cheap and taky lookin............ i want to obtain a proffesional modded look . iit is evident u lot dont no how 2 help me... dnt worry about it i gt it all covered now but tips would b useful.

also wat u tink of the souncard and speakers?

Well if you want to go extreme you can re-route all the wires behind the motherboard. You will more than likely have to drill/cut out holes in the motherboard mounting plate where you gonna need to cables to run out of so it does require some work. I can't give you detailed instructions on how to do because 1) I haven't done it myself and 2) Cases are all different so instruction for doing to one case will probably be different for another. My advice to you is: be creative. Take a look at your options and go ahead and do it. I am sure there must be an effective way to clean up the wires for you.

If you want lighting I would definitely recommend the cathode tubes because most come with an on/off switch that is mounted where the pci cards normally do. That way you can turn them on and off and not worry about the reflection issues you spoke of. Again I say be creative. There are numerous colors that they come in so if you want to mix it up do that. If you want you can also throw in some LED case fans but then you'll be running into the problem of not being able to turn the lights on them off.

Back
Top Bottom