Quad Core's first arrivals!

Re: Quad Core Arrival Estimation

My prediction:

CPU: AMD Athlon 128 X16 Socket M16
Video: Advanced Video connection with quad VPU over 5GHZ of speed EACH GADDR6 of 3GHZ each (8GB)
RAM: ADDR4 64GB RAM 2.2GHZ or DDR2200
HDD: Super SATA 2 32GB/S of at least 10TB to 1BB (Bronto Byte)
Mobo: 2 Chipset, PCi-E 2 x32, PCI45, AGP 64X, no IDE,
PSU: a 2100W PSU
Optical: a 3.2TB holographic disc
Keyboard: Touch tone keys

Intel CPUs: Intel Mechanos systems of at least 12GHZ each 128-bit

All this expected in 2010 with the introduction of a 256-bit VIA CPU

2010 I doubt we'll have 64GB of RAM available, along with DDR6. We're not even at DDR3!

So? The technology is catching up fast!

And let me correct you: ADDR = Advanced DDR

ADDR? hmmmm...Why not SDDR. To replace standard DDR, SDDR= Super Double Data Rate.

the future is definetley usb slots, i think usb cpus, usb gpus, even usb cases, infact the more usb a mobo has the better it is.

Well it is quickly living up to its name, Universal Serial Bus. It's just a matter of increasing the speed of it! :D

I doubt you could even fit a CPU and a GPU on a USB device.

i stand corrected, mobos will be replaced by uboards, usb boards that is, a huge board full of usb ports.

TRDCorolla said:
There are dual core GPUs now? I didn't know that. I just know that there are dual GPU support now because of the Crossfire and SLi feature. But yeah, I believe if games or other applications are designed to take advantage of multi core CPUs, a tremendous benefit can be seen.

No there isn't. Dual-core is when you have two physical processing cores in a single die. That dual 7800 GT is two GPU cores on a phyisical PCB. They're completely different. Try not to confuse between the two.

Back
Top Bottom