What does GB mean like in 40GB?

Carriefan01

Baseband Member
I know it means gigibates (wow bad speller) but what is it really? I have no idea if someone could tell me you would be really helpful. Thanks.

ok well Im getting a computer that has 40GB so is that good? (I know they have more out there but this is the best we could afford and we really have no idea what it is)

1337DuD3 said:
Gigabytes means 1000 MegaBytes. And 1000 Kilobytes means 1 Megabyte. The higher the GB, the better. :D

Wrong! 1 Gigabyte = 1024 Megabytes

1000MB = 0.97GB

and 1 Megabyte = 1024 Kilobytes

All I have on my computer are most of my programs, and all my music, and I have already used 45GB of space, Luckily I have 187GB left to use.

Carriefan01 said:
ok well Im getting a computer that has 40GB so is that good? (I know they have more out there but this is the best we could afford and we really have no idea what it is)

If it is a computer that is just for word processing email and what not then that will be fine. If you are planning on having a lot of movies or games or other programs then it might be kind of small. You can always buy another hard drive later on if you run out of room

Well I plan on installing Yahoo DSL, My printer, AIM, My IPod when I get it in March, and maybe like a couple of games like Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 and 2.

Then 40gb should be enough for now....but if you keep installing more games, download lots of music and *cough*movies*cough* then you'll find yourself running out of space.

lhuser said:
Wrong! 1 Gigabyte = 1024 Megabytes

1000MB = 0.97GB

and 1 Megabyte = 1024 Kilobytes

Are you serious? I thought it was 1000 MB in a GB. Weird. Anywho, it's about 1000 GB's in a Terabyte!

Back
Top Bottom