PCI-E Graphics card auxilliary power?

JoshSpence

Baseband Member
My mobo (Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe) has a 4-pin male molex connector to connector to the auxiliary power of my graphics card.

My graphics card (Asus EN6800GT) has a wierd 6-pin connector to be powered with auxiliary power. Supplied with the gfx card was a male molex to wierd 6-pin connector.

My problem is that I cannot connector a male molex to a male molex... I guess what I need is a female to female molex cable but I don't know where to get one? I live in Australia but am happy to order a cable from overseas if neccessary.

i dont think u connect that unless its in sli mode, well its that way with my motherboard at least, usually u get one of the 6 pron connectors and plug it straight into the graphics card, u should have one of those coming out of your power supply somewhere so what psu u using?

yeah my pwr supply has "pci-e power" but i read sumthing bout the mobo that if u dont connect it then a red light on the mobo lights up and sumthing or other happens (ASUS Ez Plug)

im almost 100% certain thats just with sli because i have the same connector on my motherboard but it says only to use it with sli, just plug one of those 6 pin connectors directly into the card and it will work

yep jsut double checked my mobo user guide it says if using two graphics cards dont forgot the connect the auxilary power.... so this means i dont need it at all for just 1 graphics card

Back
Top Bottom