8 Core GPU. yes that's right, 8.

Well, to expand upon the conversation that some of us are having in the Processor section, I think I should inform everyone of this.

As we all know, or most of us know, that nVidia has released a motherboard capable of Quad-SLI. Which means theoritically you can have 4 GPUs working together on the same program, and all using the same motherboard. Well, what if we had a graphics card capable of hosting 2 cores, or dual cores? Wouldn't it be amazing to have 8 GPUs working together?

Well folks! It's now possible! nVidia has a 7800GT that houses two GPUs on it. It uses two of the 7800GT cores on the same PCB. So, what's 4 x 2? Eight! So, we now can have a computer that has 8 GPUs working side by side! Just thought I'd let you know!

Also, if you want to see this thing, here's the link!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121213

There's also talk of a new ATi chip coming out boasting a PPU (Physics Processing Unit) linked together with a GPU! :D

Also, this is a DUAL core GPU. Even says so right on the box. So I don't think it's just two cores on the same PCB. :D

I was reading up on a Google search and apparently nVidia has said that at the end of 06' they will infact release a Dual-Core GPU, better then the one shown. :D

Well yes it is expensive. But for those that can afford, which is no one here, it would be one heck of an upgrade! :D

Back
Top Bottom