Quad Core's first arrivals!

Re: Quad Core Arrival Estimation

There are dual core GPUs now? I didn't know that. I just know that there are dual GPU support now because of the Crossfire and SLi feature. But yeah, I believe if games or other applications are designed to take advantage of multi core CPUs, a tremendous benefit can be seen.

Yes, there's a new 7800GTX that has dual GPUs on it. I'll link you to it!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121213

This is interesting because it's not Dual Memory that makes it have 512MB total, but it's dual GPUs. Very interesting!

As soon as everything is incorporated to have Dual-Cores and utilize them effectivly, I think that's when games will really start to shine. Sure FEAR and Far Cry are amazing, but imagine that but with dual GPUs, or better yet, Quad GPUs, which actually is possible as of now if you get that dual GPU and use it in SLI! I wonder what it would be liek to have Quad SLI with 16 cores!!! :D Can you imagine the new Quad SLI with 4 of these dual core GPUs? Man, that's power!

I saw a dual core 7800gt somewhere on new egg. And the new Dell XPS is going to have a 2 dual cores 7800gtx's in slix16... i think i read that somewhere.. but MaximumPC has a little article on dual core GPUs in one of their issues..I am not sure if those are actual Dual cores or just 2 single cores on one board. But MaxPC said that both nVidia and ATI would release dual core GPUs sometime this year. One of ATIs possibile designs would be having one core handle the calculation of all the physics.

EricM said:
I saw a dual core 7800gt somewhere on new egg. And the new Dell XPS is going to have a 2 dual cores 7800gtx's in slix16... i think i read that somewhere.. but MaximumPC has a little article on dual core GPUs in one of their issues..I am not sure if those are actual Dual cores or just 2 single cores on one board. But MaxPC said that both nVidia and ATI would release dual core GPUs sometime this year. One of ATIs possibile designs would be having one core handle the calculation of all the physics.

So in other words they're going to incorporate a PPU (Physics Processing Unit) on the same PCB and link it together with a GPU? Seems possible. I would liek to see this PPU/GPU linked together with the Aegia PPU, called the PhysX. Check it out if you want to see what it can do!

There was an article on that too. MaxPC says they expect PhysX to arrive sometime in 2006.

They claim a launch release date of somewhere in Spring of this year. So hopefully by the time Christmas rolls around games will have incorporated the new PhysX PPU!!! :D

Imagine a quad core cpu, with like a quad sli board hosuing 4 of those dual core gpus with the seperate physics core... and maybe about 4 gigs of ram and a nice x-fi sound card with those logitech z5500's all with a nice viewsonic 2ms lcd monitor. Need I say more? !:eek: Oh and two 500gb S-ATA II hard drives in Raid 0 just for the hell of it.

haha! Yeah that'll do it!

Well, we have a Dual-Core 7800GT, it's only a matter of time before we get something that hits mainstream and has a better dual-core. Plus, once Dual-Core CPUs get really fixed up, and by that I mean 65nm, 4MB L2 cache, then we'll be livin' good. :D

4mb L2 cache for each core? :p ooh and how about dual monitors? M2 socket and ddr2 memory.

They predict DDR3 memory in 07'! So might as well get the DDR2 when that comes out, lower prices!

Back
Top Bottom