Am I Too early Again?

sounds like you guys like the amd 4200 better than the new pentium D's...wow. im surprised..i just thought that b/c the new pentium's were 2.8 against 2.2 that would be better...thanks...

Well after pondering many reviews including what's been said on here, I firmly believe the AMD processors are a bit better despite the new Presler core released by Intel. AMD has a wierd way on rating their CPUs compared to Intel so you can't really base an Athlon dual core processor directly to Intel's Pentium D CPUs. AMD don't have a high clock rate like Intel does, but damn, they are fast regardless and will keep up with them.

i just want something to blaze for a couple years...i figured Intel perfected the new dual core in the last year with the 900 series....plus, i love the sound of 3 ghz. the reason i got the 4200 amd dual is b/c of you guys, so i trust your opinions...thanks.

Oh yeah, that dual core you got now will last you for the next few years easily. Not a whole of people have dual core yet including me so you are all good to go.

I think AMD is faster because they're able to have such a quick FSB at 2000MHz versus intel's which is at 800MHz

palladin the II said:
i just want something to blaze for a couple years...i figured Intel perfected the new dual core in the last year with the 900 series....plus, i love the sound of 3 ghz. the reason i got the 4200 amd dual is b/c of you guys, so i trust your opinions...thanks.
amds have a lower clock speed because they do more per clock than an intel so in reality that cpu would be just as fast if not faster than an intel 3GHz

Absolutly DO NOT return that Athelon 64 X2 4400+! The Pentium D is NOT a better CPU then the X2 4400+. If you want to see why, go to the Processors section and check out my Athelon 64 FX-60 Review threead. I also added the Pentium D in there as well. So read up on that, then base your decision off of that. :)

someone posted a thread, i cant find it though, how the NEW Pentium 900 series was faster than the 4200+ AND 4400+....anyone know what im refering to?

nice...thats what i was talking about...cool thread. Yeah, it looks as though the amd 4200+ is in the middle of the road, but higher than the 920 HP offered at this point. Cooupled with an x800 or x1600 graphics card in the future, this computer i got could blaze....i feel better, thanks.

by the way, rookie question, but if my 4200 is a 2.2 ghz, then what speed could i overclock it too without cooking it?

Back
Top Bottom