It Is Done!

badninja3 said:
lol. yeah. how high can those get(stable) with good cooling?

With a 148, some people have gotten 3.1Ghz. What is the steppping and week code on that?

Hah, whoa... Sounds like I need to move to the 3 GHz mark... :D

My stepping is CABJE and 0546 on the week code I think... Pretty sure that's what it was. My voltage for the CPU is 1.4 volts and the voltage on my RAM is 2.7 volts. Maximum temperature hit during Prime95 was 51 degrees Celsius. So, I don't have the best stepping, which I already know. I could try to hit 3 GHz by running a bigger divider, I think, I really haven't tried it. But I'm a little worried about temperatures. They are already on the high end. And I'm using stock cooling, which I don't particularly want to change just because it is such a hassle.

Thanks for the comments guys!

With stock cooling, you will run into nothing but problems. I highly advise you chage it out and put on some AS5. Once you get a new cooler, you should be able to get it to 2.9 at least.

... I haven't run into any problems, actually. And, I'm quite satisfied with 2.8. I really don't want to mess anything up now that I've gotten it set up. Maybe I'll try it sometime.

Hmm... I think everything in the signature runs at about 1,050 bucks. That's a very large estimate, but the most expensive thing there is the video card, then processor... Not too shabby for such a nice system! And that's not including my case, which was 60 bucks.

Jamxx said:
Hmm... I think everything in the signature runs at about 1,050 bucks. That's a very large estimate, but the most expensive thing there is the video card, then processor... Not too shabby for such a nice system! And that's not including my case, which was 60 bucks.
including spkrs?

Yes, including the speakers. My speakers were about 90 bucks. Though they're only 40 watts, I love these things. They look great on my desk, too. I have the subwoofer in a shelf that reverberates around thus increasing my bass response, and the satellite are perfectly lined up with my monitor facing the exact same direction thanks to shelf walls. I was going to get some Z-2300's (because I just like the sound of 2.1 speakers and I have no place to put the rear ones because of my desk layout), but the subwoofer won't fit in the shelf, the satellites won't fit where mine are now, and I'd have to spend 100 bucks. So... I think I'll just stick with what I have. I love these things. They go really loud without distorting, too.

Back
Top Bottom