6800GT Major help please!

jamesdavid3

Beta member
Hey guys,

I have a serious problem and I need you help if possible!

I have a 256mb 6800GT, ive had it for almost a year now and its been perfect, Then suddenly today I was playing Battlefield 2 and the game crashed as i was playing, i didn't press any buttons during it crashed so i just waited it out a few minutes, then it started to come back to normal extremely slowly, The game was going really slow so i had to press the reboot button.

So as the PC was booting up, Loads of artifacts are all over the screen, it continues until the Login screen comes up and then it looks fine, i can log in and go on the desktop and all that but I can still see small around my desktop there aren't too many, I can play Movies and DVD's but it keeps flicking really fast every second!

I have tried playing BF2 again and as soon as I start playing there artifacts almost everywhere and the whole picture goes all over the place, Also I tried CS:S and this is now what my main menu looks like…

I really don't understand what's going on and it happened for NO reason at all.

I have been using the latest drivers (81.98) I get 60'C on Idle for my card.

I have warranty on this PC until 01/03/2006 – so I guess that means I can take it back and replace the card??

Thanks for your time.

What are the temps under load?
And open the case and see if the fan on the vid card is working.

And yes, if u can't get it working u can just return it and get a new card for free.

Have you always had BF2 on your PC or was that the very first time you played BF2 on your system? Looks like the video cards all screwed up. Return for warranty.

check the temps and also when u start up the comp look inside and see if the fan on the graphics card is spinning if it isnt u need a new one and im selling a zalman graphics card cooler :D pm if ur interested

jamesdavid3 said:
Hey guys,

I have a serious problem and I need you help if possible!

I have a 256mb 6800GT, ive had it for almost a year now and its been perfect, Then suddenly today I was playing Battlefield 2 and the game crashed as i was playing, i didn't press any buttons during it crashed so i just waited it out a few minutes, then it started to come back to normal extremely slowly, The game was going really slow so i had to press the reboot button.

So as the PC was booting up, Loads of artifacts are all over the screen, it continues until the Login screen comes up and then it looks fine, i can log in and go on the desktop and all that but I can still see small around my desktop there aren't too many, I can play Movies and DVD's but it keeps flicking really fast every second!

I have tried playing BF2 again and as soon as I start playing there artifacts almost everywhere and the whole picture goes all over the place, Also I tried CS:S and this is now what my main menu looks like…

I really don't understand what's going on and it happened for NO reason at all.

I have been using the latest drivers (81.98) I get 60'C on Idle for my card.

I have warranty on this PC until 01/03/2006 – so I guess that means I can take it back and replace the card??

Thanks for your time.

You said the word "artifacts". You overclocked didn't you...?

i dont think he did because he said he didnt get them before, it sounds like the fan died and he hasnt got enough cooling so its overheating

I've seen images that look just like that, with dots and stuff. It was from an xbox360 that was, you've guessed it, overheating.

The fan probably died.

Back
Top Bottom