Gaming Ping Troubles, among other things...

kkevvy

Baseband Member
Alright, so a week ago I was palying CS Source just fine, pretty high settings, about 60 FPS. Well maybe 4-5 days ago, my internet connection went poopy. I blame my Linksys wireless G router. I tried everything. But alas, I though I figured it out. I took out the network PCI card that came in the computer when I first got the computer, in August. It worked great and everything. SO I opened up my computer, reinstalled it, and, lo and behold, the internet started working again. Very Strange.

So heres the problem. Now, whenever I play a game online, no matter what the game is, my ping is at like 150 at the lowest, and I have broadband @ 756kb/s, or whatever. It goes through my router and into my computer. After that incident with the internet loss, this has been happening. My frames also drop to like 5 frames a second, and in Battlefield 2, I play it in single player with like 50 fps, on medium settings, and when I go into multiplayer, I get about 8 frames a second, on the same settings. And, like I said before, my ping is at like 170.

And, when I disconnect the router and plug the modem directly into my computer, I get no internet connection what so ever. Like I said, very strange.

Any help would be great, if you need more info, feel free to ask...

Anybody know whats up?

Sorry I'm impatient, haha, I ahve a big clan match in BF2 coming up on friday night, so I'm kinda desperate.

I also have a linksys router, and I have the exact same problem.

I have a 2meg connection and it should download around 270kbps, but it can barely get 70!

I'm really pissed with it.

Back
Top Bottom