It Is Done!

Yes, the 12V line is the backbone of today's computers. You want a very stable yet lots of amperage on the 12V line. It seems to me that your 12V line is very very weak, it fluctuates quite a bit when it is stressed. This is why i keep on tell people wattage and amperage isnt EVERYTHING about a psu. The OCZ Powerstream fluctuates the most of .01V UNDER LOAD.

I have a 34 amperage rating on my 12 volt line.

Well, it seems to work fine, so I'm not concerned about it. When I start experiencing faults, I'll let you know.

Ran Prime95 today, it went for 4 hours and 51 minutes, then gave me an error. I think that's acceptable, and I know the problem either has to do with my RAM or the CPU voltage. It is running on 1.4 volts, which is the high end of the stock voltage. I could easily bump this up a bit, and I'm sure my errors would not come that soon (or at all). I think it'll be okay, but I might consider tomorrow upping it to 1.425 volts and see if that helps. I also might bump up the RAM voltage from 2.7 to 2.725, I think that would help as well. My RAM can take up to 2.85 volts, so I'm definitely in the clear in that respect.

Maximum temperature was 51 degrees Celsius on my CPU. Sad to go above 50, since that's so nice, but I'm definitely still in the clear. Not to mention I'm really not looking to overclock past 2.8 GHz, because I don't think the CABJE core will hit 3 GHz regardless of anything. With a better heatsink, it might, but I don't think so.

My PSU behaved nicely, though. Never dropped below 11.30 and hit 11.45 maximum. I know that isn't very good, but at least it wasn't as bad as yesterday. It, however, is keeping everything else very stable. For a 60 dollar PSU, it really is not bad at all. Holds up my system well so far, but the next PSU I buy will be one of a little higher quality.

Thanks! Yeah, it'll move pretty nicely. Plays games very well too; I'm so glad I decided to go with this processor over an Athlon. Though, I must admit, Athlon sounds cooler than Opteron :D.

Now, here's another question: I got a trial version of the Windows 64 bit operating system... I have two HDD's in my system; one being a Maxtor 160 GB that's partitioned into 130 GB and 30 GB partitions, and the other is a Western Digital 60 GB hard drive. There is absolutely nothing on the Western Digital hard drive, so could I put the 64 bit operating system on that and be able to choose which operating system I wanted to boot into? I'm sure there is something more complicated here that I just don't understand, so any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

cool. let us kno how windows64 is.

btw, how old r u? jus wondering, i myself am 16.
also, how well does your mb overclock?

gl with the 64bit windows, have u tried that opteron at 3GHz yet? how its running right now? and what are the temps and volatages on it?

Back
Top Bottom