Advice For Building My Own PC

TomK

Solid State Member
I would like to build my own computer. If you have built a computer can you recommend a book that will take me through the process? I found 3 in Amazon that look good: "Build Your Own PC 4th Edtion by Morris Rosenthal, "Building The Perfect PC" by Robert Bruce Thompson and "How To Build Your Own PC" by Charlie Palmer. Anyone have a suggestion? I am leaning toward an AMD Athlon 64 PC.

Thanks
TomK

Books have basic theory behind building PCs and tend to get outdated really quick. You know those Smart Computing magazines you find at the supermarkets? Buy one of those with the PC building and upgrade guide. I have a couple of those from long time ago (they have newer editions now) and it helps a BUNCH. They have great step by step approach with simple explanations for the non-techies.

When I built my computer, I used this site a lot:
http://www.mysuperpc.com/
Another source I used quite a bit was A mag called MaximumPC... THe Ultimate guide to PCGaming. There is a great step by step article, with pictures, building a PC. Mine works great, BTW, and this is the first time I've done it. Cost me about $900.

Get antistatic wrist braclets and make sure you build it on a hardwood floor ( i think that is the right surface). Or metal, just not carpet.

Back
Top Bottom