Applying for Jobs Online?

Has anyone ever applied for a job online? I want to apply for jobs online, because I live in Oregon, and in Oregon, it rains, a lot. So it kind of sucks to have to drive form business to business when I can just do it from right in my room.

But the question is, has anyone ever applied online? And after you apply online, do they send you an email, or call you or what?

You should check out careerbuilder.com, monster.com, dice.com, and others.
All of these you can look for, and apply for, jobs online. Keep in mind that a personal presence, such as you walking in and handing your resume to them says a lot. If you're resume is good, you will get emails, from employers wanting to hire you. You should consider doing some research on local companies, learning about them, and find out who you need to talk with to get the job- and send them a letter, informing them of your interrest in the company, and what you could bring to the company, along with your resume. I haven't done this myself, but I have heard many good things have come to ones who have done it. I'm currently happy where I'm at, so I don't look much anymore.

Well, I'm a tenn just trying to get a job so I can earn some cash to get me a new computer all set up. I don't really have a resume all set up. Any ideas on how to create one?

Say if I was to apply online to Blockbuster or something like that. Do I call them back, or send them an email?

Usually, if you apply online, like through Careerbuilder.com, Monster, etc., that Web site sends an email for you automatically. They have resume bulders also, that give you basically step by step ways to create one. Even a gas station attendant needs a resume these days, unless you know someone that knows someone that- you get the drift. You can view my resume by clicking here See if that helps. :)

If you apply online, they'll call you. Or you could call them, just to show them that you are really interrested.

And Im not sure if it says there, but, never give references out. If someone is serious abour hiring you, and they want do check up on you they will ask. Because you should put something like:

Excelent References Will Be Funished Upon Request.

You dont just wanna hand out your contacts left and right. I learned that in business class :)

Back
Top Bottom