Parts in, ready to build!

I've noticed in the bios, for the IDE Master, it's my dvd drive, and when you hit enter to do the auto check w/e thing, it says something about HDD, Do I need to set it something else since maybe it's thinking its a hdd or? And I have the CD-ROM first in the boot sequence..

I just finished watching Transporter and Transporter 2. Awesome movie!!!!!! So you're not able to boot from the CD? Try to install the burner on the Secondary slot. BIOS should pick it up. It's the hard drive part that gets confusing. Is there a SATA hard drive option for a boot device?

Love that movie! I just had to switch the ram from slots 1-3 to 2-4, worked fine! Only thing is I have that safely remove hardware icon down by the clock, and it's wanting to remove my dvd player!?

Oh, RAM placement. That's still kind of strange how it makes you do that. I wonder if that's the case for most user when switching to DFI motherboards? I use slots 1 and 2 in that order. BUt who knows how manufacturer design them.

So it looks like you finally got Windows installed. That's pretty good. I'm not sure why is says that. Are there any question marks or exclamation marks in Device Manager next to your DVD burner? It's obviously working because you got Windows installed. I know for SATA hard drives, it will ask you that message all the time. I forgot how to disable from popping up. It's been a long time.

TRDCorolla said:
Oh, RAM placement. That's still kind of strange how it makes you do that. I wonder if that's the case for most user when switching to DFI motherboards? I use slots 1 and 2 in that order. BUt who knows how manufacturer design them.

So it looks like you finally got Windows installed. That's pretty good. I'm not sure why is says that. Are there any question marks or exclamation marks in Device Manager next to your DVD burner? It's obviously working because you got Windows installed. I know for SATA hard drives, it will ask you that message all the time. I forgot how to disable from popping up. It's been a long time.

yeah I ran memtest, and got 1 million+ errors, switched the slots and no errors :)

No exclamtion marks or anything, if you figure out how to get it to go away let me know!

Well, your BIOS shoul detect your SATA HDD. If not, then go to your manufacture's webiste and try downloading one of their manuals. I had to do that when I had to install my power switches and reset switch and a bunch of other stuff. Also, make sure you either save that manual to a Floppy Disk, os better yet, print it out, put it into a folder and put it somewhere safe for future reference. Trust me when I say that manuals are a lifeline. They prove, at time, almost invaluable to most problems. So incase something happens, it's always good to have a backup of the manual incase you lose the manual that came with your motherboard. :)

Back
Top Bottom