What does "No Integrated Wireless Support" mean?

Carriefan01

Baseband Member
I just checked the computer im going to get on Dell's website and it says this

Wireless: No Integrated Wireless Support

What does that mean? It means that I can't have wireless internet on there? Is there any way that I still can?

Yes. For laptops, they usually come in PCMCIA style wireless adapters. Goes into that slot on the side of laptops. It's sort of like an expansion slot for you to add modems, NIC, wireless adapters, and so forth.

Unless you want to find a laptop that has wireless built in like the one I got. It's pretty nice.

ok Thank you so much! THANK YOU! So I don't need to buy a wireless router? Of I need to have a wireless router and a wireless adapter

Well technically, you don't have to have a wireless router. A regular router will work fine but you'll have to use a very long CAT5e Ethernet cable to go from your laptop to your router.

These days, it's better off to have a wireless router. It can also be hardwired too if you don't want to go wireless. But you need a router if you plan on using internet with mulitple PCs.

Yeah, that looks pretty nice. I forgot to mention the USB wireless adapters too. They are tiny which makes it attractive. You might as well get something like this. It's a combo pack that comes with a wireless adapter for your laptop and a wireless router for your home network:

D-Link DWL-923 IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.11b/g Wireless G Laptop Kit,Wireless Router DI-524 & Wireless Cardbus Adapter DWL-G630 - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833127149

Oh thanks! Do you know like any stores to purchase this from? We don't really like ordering things off line.

Back
Top Bottom