Screen distorted

Day5InJanuary

Baseband Member
whenever i start my computer up...there are blue lines and it lookes as if there is a major problem with the screen...there are pink and blue lines that sramble the screen....it also happends whenever i try to play a game on my computer....i have replaced the video card twice since dell said that was the problem...anyways can anyone help me..remember the only two times the screen gets this way is when the first screen appears when you start up and when i try and play games...???????????? :(

Try degaussing if that helps. It's in your actual monitor, so just find it in your settings for your monitor. Check the connections for the cable between the video card and the monitor. That's usually the case. Use a different cable and the same monitor. Use a different cable and a different monitor. Single each component out to see what's causing the problem. Post your specs, just in case. And what kind of monitor that you have.

Moniter is screwed. Get a new one. Thats the only way. I had one of these problems before. And I just used another of mine..

I hope it's under the warranty... either that or he's screwed and he has to buy a new one...

thanks for the replies....i dont know how the warranty works....the monitor is 2 years old....i will look through and see what the warranty is....i mean it is just strange how the screen only acts this way when it is on the first start up screen and when i try and play games.....i dont get it....i dont know if this would also be related but when i try and scroll with the wheel it goes really slow. i have it set on scroll by lines 1...i dont know way it seems so slow and wavy when i do this...its not the whole screen..only the area im scrolling..i dont know if there is a setting i am now seeing or what????????????

Maybe you can try turning down the settings for your games and see if still does that. Yeah, scrolling 1 line at a time is pretty slow. I put mine on three or four. You'll get down faster.

Back
Top Bottom