My baby

Ok, i built my computer. How do you set up all the good stuff? I don't know what i'm doing wrong. It keeps asking for the start up disc.

No i don't have it installed yet.
Also it says something about S.M.A.R.T. being disable? What is with that?

S.M.A.R.T. stands for Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology. S.M.A.R.T. technology was developed by a number of major hard disk drive manufacturers in a concerted effort to increase the reliability of drives.

It is a technology that enables the PC to predict the future failure of hard disk drives. It's pretty standardized now.

OOH, just the question i was hoping somebody would ask, I have put a plexiglass window in the side of my solid case! It's not that hard, and it's prety inexpensive. If you feel scared about taking powertools to your case, this is not the thing for you to do. I just, measuresd out where i wanted the square hole, i drilled a wide hole in each corner, and used a jigsaw to cut out each side by starting it in the corner holes, then i cleaned it up using a hand grinder, bought a piece of plexiglass which was cheap, and used clear caulking to secure it, it worked great and looked fantastic. It was my last project, a small, micro atx computer, my new computer is much better but i still like that last project because i made it look cool. =)

Cool, i'll keep that in mind. But can anyone help me out with the S.M.A.R.T problem and the failure to load the disc?

Double check BIOS to make sure your DVD burner is set to primary boot device. I would make that the second boot device after the floppy drive. Then the hard drive for the third boot device. Reboot the PC with the OS CD and it should pick it up.

You can't use your mouse in there. Somewhere on the screen should tell you how to change settings in there. Like using the arrow keys and using the Enter key or the Page Up and Down buttons. Some BIOS are different from others so I can't say exactly. I would play with it (the Boot Sequence) and if you screw up, just select don't save changes or restore to default.

Back
Top Bottom