Dual Video Card Help

bamfchris

Solid State Member
Hi I just bought my 2nd nvidia 7800 gt video card. The first a gigabyte and the 2nd a bfg. I was wondering if this would be a conflict since they arent exactly the same. Any tips or suggestions would be great. Also tips on installing 2 video cards and such. Thank you.

Are they both 7800GT's? If so, no conflicts should occur. Just make sure to use the new Forceware from Nvidia.

INstalling those is pretty straightforward. Unplug power cable and open case. Insert the second video card into the other PCI-e x16 slot. Make sure you have the SLi bridge in place at the top. Then power back on again and see what happens. You may want to touch up on the motherboard manual for speed concerns.

I just installed the 2 video cards. Switched it to sli mode on motherboard and put on the bridge. Now that i turn on my computer i get no new hardware found message or anything. Where can i go to turn on multi-gpu. Or any other suggestions.

Thouugh when i go to device manager. It shows the 2 video cards. One in slot 7 and other in 8

When i go to it and i select SLI Multi Gpi i get this message" You must remove any cards that are not compatible with SLI technology before you can enable SLI.

I think I know what your problem may be. Did the BFG or Gigabyte 7800GT that you bought may have had no SLI compatible? I doubt this as you said you connected them both together.

[EDIT] I just checked BFG's 7800GTs on NewEgg, and every product they have is indeed SLI compatible.

As well as Gigabyte's 7800GT is also SLI compatible. So I think you're OK on that part. Maybe you need a new driver or something.

Back
Top Bottom