Newbie - help required please.

DavidNW

Beta member
I only have a CD burner on my PC. Is it possible that I can copy audio/video files on to a DVD disk?

Many thanks,

David

What do you mean a CD burner? How old is your computer? Can you take a picture of it? Or simply tell me the model (what it says on the front). Well if it is only a CD burner then the simple answer is no it cant burn DVD's. Even if you bought a DVD burner im not sure whether or not your computer could handle it because if it has only a CD burner... then mate trust me your computer must be old!!

When did you buy it? Answering the questions I have asked will help mee give you the best answer.

If you have Windows XP on your PC, then you should be able to install a DVD RW drive and it will work, as long as you have a DVD burning program such as Nero or Sonic.

Well, if u have a cd burner then no you cant burn a dvd youll have to buy a dvd burner and install it to burn dvds

WTH Guys? He's asking if his CD burner can burn DVDs! Excluding Dev0115

Unfortunately, man, you won't be able to do so because the compression on a DVD is different from a standard CD

Thank you all for your help. You have now made it clear to me that I need a DVD burner to write to DVD disks (my CD burner being of no use for this task).

I have Nero software, so I'm going to buy a DVD burner - hope it's not too difficult to install.

David.

NO, actually its very simple to installl..just a matter or unpluggin and pluggin back in nothing to complicated you should be able to do it fairly easily..Link some of the dvd burners u are looking into..we might be able to help u find another one thats better or cheaper ect...

Actually, you have to make sure that the jumper is set to Master or slave. If you have one CD drive and you only will use this one, well, the factory already set it to master...so, just unhook yours and swap it with the new one

Back
Top Bottom