Games change screen resolution

Shutle

Baseband Member
Hi I have this problem with changing my computer resolution, right now its at 800x600 and I have a 19inch monitor. When I try to change the properties to higher resolution the desktop doesnt fit in the screen area. I have to push out of the screen with my mouse in order to brouse my desktop. I have a radeon 7200 with the catalyst drivers (graphic card).

Uhh maybe it can't handle the resolutions? Anything to fit all of a 19 inch probobly wont work with a 7500. If you're using a desktop, buy a better graphics card or something, and if you're on a laptop..... I dunno. :confused:

Yeah thats a preety old card..might not be abel to handle the new reso u want too put up..u might want to upgrade that video card

Check your monitor and your graphics card. Upgrade the card, because nowadays cards can support up to 2048x1536.

I checked at ATI.com for the reolution options and it says
Maximum 3D resolutions

Colors Resolutions
65K colors 2048x1536
16.7M colors 2048x1536
Resolutions and refresh rates are subject to change
http://www.ati.com/products/radeon7200/specs.html

For some reason my desktop is at 1024 x 768, as soon as I install the drivers for the card the desktop area becomes small and can't be changed, I think its a driver problem or something.

Problem solved, I needed my computer and graphics card to be able to recognize my monitor. In other words I needed a driver for my monitor

It was also a problem because I had a dual monitor set up, the second is my tv and because its max resolution is 800x600 my computer screen had to be the same. I find the older ati control panel is better then the newer catalyst control centres as far as dual monitor set-ups go.

Back
Top Bottom