Computer Problems!!! Please Help

Smithcobra95

Baseband Member
Ok....I am prob posting this in the wrong forum topic but I really need help. I just built my first computer a few days ago and got everything put into the computer with the cables all connected. I started it up and everything was going smoothly on the first bootup. I installed windows xp and the drivers for the graphics card and motherboard. I thought everything was cool with the computer and it was starting to get late so I moved it up to my room to finish the install. When I started the computer up again I recieved a black screen after the windows xp load sceen came up. I have reinstalled windows 4 times and reset my bios twice to try and get it working again. I dont know what happened but it was prob something stupid I did. I dont know why I cant get to the Desktop menu anymore so I was wondering if someone could please help me out. Thanks

When you reinstall Windows- do you get all the way through? Or just until the first reboot? Does it give you any error messages? Are you formating the hard drive each time you install? Any USB devices plugged in? Many factors can come to play here, just trying to narrow it down.

I figured it out...thx for the reply tho :) When I installed the drivers for my video card something caused the computer to not load up the desktop...weird.

Back
Top Bottom