Notebook wireless question.

Carriefan01

Baseband Member
Ok well my parents were origionally going to get my old computer updated but once we found out how much money we were going to spend on getting it updated they decided to buy me a new computer. This time a Notebook. I've always wanted a Notebook instead of a Desk Top. Well My question is how does the Notebook becomes wireless? See every morning before i go to school I always turn on my computer and keep it on. But when I get my Notebook if I do that wont it waredown the battery? Do they give you wires if you don't want it to be wireless for a certain time being?

Ok, are you talking about wireless internet, or the charger?

All laptops come with a charger that you plug into the mains supply and your laptop to charge the battery when it's drained.

So yes, you will be able to keep it on all the time.

A tip, when the charger is plugged in, take out the laptop's battery, and only charge the battery when it's fully drained. This way you will increase the lifespan of the battery.

If you're talking about wireless internet, I apoligise

Lac3y said:
Ok, are you talking about wireless internet, or the charger?

All laptops come with a charger that you plug into the mains supply and your laptop to charge the battery when it's drained.

So yes, you will be able to keep it on all the time.

A tip, when the charger is plugged in, take out the laptop's battery, and only charge the battery when it's fully drained. This way you will increase the lifespan of the battery.

If you're talking about wireless internet, I apoligise

Nope! You answered my question! Thank You so much! So when I get my laptop drain the battery all out that way it'll last longer?

On the subject on Wireless Internet All I need to get is a wireless router thing that I can get at best buy and any place like that right?

Well when you're using the laptop without the power supply in don't plug the charger in when the battery is still at 70% or something, wait until it completely drains (a little warning will pop up about ten minutes before that'll happen, so you'll have time to save all your work, it won't just shut down), then plug the charger. Batteries are weird things, and if you don't let the battery discharge completely before charging it after a while the battery-life will get shorter and shorter.

As for the wireless internet, yes you'll need a one router, and a wireless adapter for every computer you want to be wireless.

Just explain in the shop, I'm sure someone will assist you.

BTW, most laptops now come with a wireless card built-in, so you may not need an adapter, although you will need the router.

Sorry if it's confusing, but it's a confusing subject.

Sorry, but I live in England and it's 1:30am! I'm tired and I'm going to bed, but if you have another question I'm sure someone else will help.

bye - and welcome to computerforums!

I have a question about before I can get a wireless whatever its called for the internet and printer. Can I when ever I want to use the internet just plug it into my computer then I can go? Can I also do that with the printer just plug it in and print it when I want to print something?

Back
Top Bottom