Intel Celeron 3.06ghz vs. Intel Pentium 4 2.53ghz

shagadelicman1

In Runtime
Exactly like on the title. whick do you think is better. the celeron or pentium 4 . the celeron has extremely better clock rates and is $70 bucks cheaper. I am planning to get the processor converter that goes from socket 423 to 478. and was wondering what to get. i am leaning towards the celeron because its nice clock speeds and price diffrential, but I am caught in a tizzy.lol.help!peace.

Honestly, Socket 423 to 478 won't change a lot...exept the CPU branding. FSB 533 and FSB 800 are to forget. you only get FSB333 or 400. Socket 423 to 478 won't change FSB, and to be more bad, the mobo may support up to ~2GHZ

Go with a low Pentium4 S478 FXB 400 at 1.8GHZish
To what I heard, this board contains PIII 1-1.5GHZ

EDIT: The fastest one that S423 to S478 can take is:
P4 FSB 400 @ 2.6GHZ

Well the celeron is the worst processor, in the Intel lineup. Pentiums are much better.

Also. what is my best bet. the one in the dell right now is a P4 1.5 ghz. but if i did get the celeron clockin at 2.6. do u think it will make an insane jump as far as speed

once again. A new question. I want to figure out the name and model, etc of my mobo. I cannot access the startup. so how do i do that. i have service tags in which i have already checked for models and such. but is there a way to identify it. It is a dell dimension 4300 and it shipped in '01. or can anyone tell me.thanks

Well first question. I thin kyou will notice a difference. And for finding out what you have in the computer. Run ''dxdiag''. Or search and download a program called Everest home edition.

the thing is. i get no signal messages to the monitor so i cannot access the computer at all.thats the first thing i MUST get fixxed.

Back
Top Bottom