Dell Probelms

drgoatcabin

Beta member
I have a motherboard for a Dell Dimension 2350 in a custom case. POST boots fine but right afterwards it leaves me with a black screen and a cursor blinking in the top left corner. I've tried to reinstall but after pressing any key to boot from cd... I'm left with the same screen and the cursor in the same place. I need some help please.

Hmm, try pressing F8 at bootup. Sometimes DELL place a fix program on there, that allows you to fix some problems at bootup.

Uhm..... How did you get a Dell Deminsion in an ATX case? How did that happen?? They are proprietary. Do you have all the dell parts in their too? It won't work without them.

HRHunteRHR said:
Uhm..... How did you get a Dell Deminsion in an ATX case? How did that happen?? They are proprietary. Do you have all the dell parts in their too? It won't work without them.

I did the same thing, the only prob is you need to buy new heatsink and fan, but the power buttons can easily be wired from any ATX case to a Dell mobo.

Similar problem to mine. Its not because of the dell. The Os has gone corrupt. Reformat. Thats what I needed to do.

i just had this problem with my Asus (its being RMAed right now) for me my harddrive data was curpted and my bios got all screwed up. pretty much screwd i would look at new motherboards

Back
Top Bottom